Coaching for Performance
Leading to a Certificate in Coaching Models of Practice QQI Level 6
Course Code: 6N3087
Accreditation: QQI Certificate – Level 6 (15 Credits)
Learn how to enhance your professional relationships with individuals and teams by participating in this dynamic, highly participative management training course. Enhance your individual and team intervention skills by incorporating a range of sophisticated coaching intervention methods to your work.
This course will create an understanding of the organisational and workplace context within which performance and career development takes place.
This Coaching programme is designed for caseworkers, mediators, supervisors, managers
and others who have responsibility for development and improving group and individual performance in a professional capacity.
The following is an overview of course content:
- Understanding and using a selection of coaching models
- Core principles of coaching
- Questioning and listening
- Managing a coaching programme
- Building your personal effectiveness as a coach
- Influence of beliefs, values and attitudes
On completion of this course participants will:
- Understand how and why individual performance can be improved through individual coaching and/or use of coaching tools.
- Assess and apply a number of coaching models & interventions to their current/future work with clients.
- Be able to develop and use powerful questions to re-frame situations and challenge clients.
- Utilize a range of effective questioning techniques to enable clients to format opinions and solutions to issues arising.
- Understand the unique nature of the coaching relationship to ensure client accountability and embedding of clear boundary management strategies.
- Create the necessary safe and confidential conditions for coaching effectiveness.
- Understand the basic principles of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and utilize basic NLP in client work.
- Have the ability and skills to identify roadblocks and respond to/ overcome objections.
- Understand the workings of and develop an organizational coaching plan.
Please check our current schedule for upcoming course dates and locations.