Community Development Practice
QQI Level 6: 6N3667 Community Development Practice (5 days)
Customized training available for your sector.
This programme is designed to equip learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to engage collaboratively in community development and to work in community development settings.
Participating in this module will allow participants to enhance their career prospects by providing them with the necessary skills to engage in community activities that require a comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of community development.
The following modules are completed are in the Community Development Programme:
- Building collaborative and effective relationships within the community.
- Principles of community development.
- Roles critical to community development.
- Community requirement analysis, planning and evaluation.
- Problem-solving methodology.
- Decision-making process.
- Team building.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of community development as a social justice, equality and anti-poverty oriented practice.
- Discuss the distinctive features of community development organisations in the context of the wider voluntary and not for profit sector.
- Detail the key elements in the community development planning and evaluation process.
- Outline the roles of those involved in community development work at project level including volunteers, activists, funders, employees and other professionals.
- Work within a group environment to undertake planning exercises based on collective needs analysis in a community development setting.
- Demonstrate the capacity to record and document community development actions.
- Analyse the role of collective and individual leadership both independently and as part of a team.
- Critically reflect on principles in practice in a community development setting.
- Use insight gained from reflection and supervision to enhance your work in a community setting.
We deliver accredited training nationwide, please contact us to enquire about upcoming training in your area.