Group Work Theory and Practice
QQI Level 6: 6N3669 Group Work Theory & Practice (5 days) – Customized training available for your sector. Follow this link to view our Bespoke Workshops.
The Group Work Theory and Practice programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies to become effective group facilitators and in turn influence others to become good team players yielding positive results for their organization or business. Through this module participants will learn practical facilitation skills, concepts, theory and principles through group interaction and experiential learning.
This module will enable the participants to enhance their career prospects by providing them with the necessary skills to engage in group work activities that require a comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of group work and facilitation.
Who should sign up?
This workshop is aimed at employees or individuals from the private, public and voluntary sectors who wish to further develop their Groupwork and facilitation skills or who wish to gain new skills. This course will be very useful to those who regularly work with individuals or groups, and who wish to advance or develop their leadership skills.
The following topics are completed during the Group Work Theory and Practice:
- The theory of Facilitation & Groupwork
- Planning meetings and training sessions
- Features that influence group dynamics
- Exploration of task, process, group roles
- Setting and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Managing conflict & challenge
- Best practice facilitation skills
- Technical facilitation skills e.g. planning, time management, selecting resources
- Evaluating the facilitation process
By attending this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise how the theory of group work and facilitation underpins and enhances professional practice
- Conduct more productive and dynamic meeting/training sessions
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of group work concepts including roles, values, group norms, task and process.
- Develop and promote effective and healthy boundaries in all group work activities
- Identify and respond to a range of features that influence group dynamics – power, motivation, participation, conflict, conscious/unconscious actions etc.
- Explore key aspects of group work theory as it relates to task, process and group maintenance
- Identify and respond to challenges, conflict and other issues as they present
- Apply a range of positive best practice facilitation skills to promote health group development
- Plan and implement group work sessions including development planning, timing, resources, co-facilitation
- Evaluate your meeting or training using a systematic and informed approach
- Demonstrate an insight into ethical and power dimensions of group facilitation.
We deliver accredited training nationwide, please contact us to enquire about upcoming training in your area.