QQI Level 6: 6N3669 Group Work Theory & Practice – (5 Days)
The Group Work Theory and Practice programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to become effective group facilitators and in turn influence others to become good team players yielding positive results for their organization or business. Through this module, participants will learn practical facilitation skills, concepts, theory and principles through group interaction and experiential learning.
This module will enable participants to enhance their career prospects by providing them with the necessary skills to engage in group work activities that require a comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of group work and facilitation.
On completion of Group Work Theory and Practice, participants will be able to:
- Recognise how the theory of group work and facilitation underpins and enhances professional practice
- Conduct more productive and dynamic meeting/training sessions
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of group work concepts including roles, values, group norms, task and process.
- Develop and promote effective and healthy boundaries in all group work activities
- Identify and respond to a range of features that influence group dynamics – power, motivation, participation, conflict, conscious/unconscious actions etc.
- Explore key aspects of group work theory as it relates to task, process and group maintenance
- Identify and respond to challenges, conflict and other issues as they present
- Apply a range of positive best practice facilitation skills to promote health group development
- Plan and implement group work sessions including development planning, timing, resources, co-facilitation
- Evaluate your meeting or training using a systematic and informed approach
- Demonstrate an insight into ethical and power dimensions of group facilitation.