Managing Conflict in Remote Teams
✓ Examine how Remote Employees Manage Conflicts
✓ Learn to Support Emotional Expression in Remote Teams
✓ Identify the Key Features of Productive and Unproductive Conflict
✓ Understand Why Conflict in Remote Teams Can be Harder to Address
✓ Address the Symptoms of Team Dysfunctions
✓ Review a Range of Tools and Analytical Frameworks
Modes of Delivery:
✓ Virtual Online
Getting remote teams and individuals to consistently work effectively may be a challenging task especially when the remote working conditions are enforced by external forces such as COVID-19. Where some individuals and teams may find it easy to work remotely research is now showing us that there are significant numbers of people who find virtual or remote working extremely challenging. Conflict in remote teams may look and feel different from the familiar conflicts experienced in face to face working environments. Author & speaker Patrick Lencioni highlights ‘fear of conflict’ as one of the major dysfunctions of a team emphasizing the importance of using conflict to achieve productive rather than unproductive outcomes.
The primary aim of this workshop is to identify the features, causes, and consequences of conflict or more specifically unchallenged conflict in remote teams.
This workshop will also examine the emotional landscapes that directly influence how remote employees make sense of situations and manage conflicts both individually and collectively. By supporting emotional expression and encouraging productive conflict managers & team leaders will help their employees function at their best.
By the end of this 1-day workshop participants will:
- Explore the challenges of managing conflict in virtual/remote teams
- Identify the key features of productive and unproductive conflict
- Understand WHY conflict in remote teams can be harder to address
- Explore the five dysfunctions of remote teams and identify a range of proven solutions to eliminate or alleviate individual and or team dysfunction
- Encourage emotional expression to alleviate the stressors associated with unresolved conflicts
- Appreciate the importance of psychological safety as a means of engaging and motivating team members
- Use conversational intelligence to navigate and manage individual and team interactions
- Review a range of tools and analytical frameworks for diagnosing and responding to presenting conflicts
Full-day – 9.30 -3.30 pm
Mode of Delivery:
Online Virtual learning through zoom. This is a highly interactive workshop and will include the following: discussions, videos, case studies, role play, brainstorming, breakout rooms, and feedback channels.
All training resources will be provided. Some pre-reading/video/audio may be recommended.
Find Out More
How Long Does the Workshop take to Complete?
This particular course is delivered over a period of one full day. Other delivery options are available by request.
How do I get a Quotation?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Jim at 086 8587505.
Do I get a Certificate?
Yes, everyone who completes this course will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who’s my trainer?
Our qualified trainers are all highly skilled in their field of expertise. Trainer profiles are available to view on the ‘Meet the Team’ page.