Managing Your Multi-Generational Workforce
✓ Use Dynamic Communication Skills to Connect Meaningfully with your Multi-Generational Employees
✓ Define Professional Boundaries and Manage Employee Expectations
✓ Use Conversational Intelligence to Progress Workplace Discussions
✓ Build Trust and Create Realistic Feedback Opportunities
✓Assess your Emotional Intelligence
Modes of Delivery:
✓ Virtual Online/Blended
Over the past decade, workplace dynamics have become more diverse and complex. People are living longer and working longer, and consequently, forward-looking organizations are adjusting their approach to communicating with employees encompassing soft skills like motivation, attitudes, and values. Currently,
organisations have the potential to have representation from five generations in their workplace; these include Baby Boomers, Traditionalists, Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z. A recent study by Forbes indicates that by 2025 millennials will make up 75% of the workforce with Gen Z employees now eager to make their mark on the world of work. To maximize the benefits of a multi-generational workforce managers, supervisors, and team leads must adapt their management style to cater firstly to diversity and in turn, learn to communicate effectively with employees and teams.
By the end of this workshop you will;
- Develop an understanding of multi-generational participation in the workplace and appreciate the need to adapt your style of management
- Appreciate the key factors that motivate different generations in the workplace
- Set realistic and achievable boundaries and manage employee expectations from the outset
- Use the Conversational Intelligence Dashboard to enhance daily interactions, information sharing and
- Move away from the one size fits all approach to managing your team
- Explore Jennings 70/20/10 model – workplace learning/development
- Identify a range of motivators (other than financial) that may attract some employees
- Promote Psychological Safety in Teams
- Devise innovative methods of recognition and reward – prizing efforts of individuals and teams
- Use your business acumen to set the vision, encourage and develop your multigenerational team
Training Methods – Virtual, Face to Face & Blended Learning
Training will be delivered using a variety of interactive, experiential training methods including group work, brainstorming, small/large group discussion, role play, quizzes, videos, round table review etc.
Customised Workshops Also Available
Find Out More
How Long Does the Workshop take to Complete?
This particular course is delivered over a period of one day. Other delivery options are available by request.
How do I get a Quotation?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Jim at 086 8587505.
Do I get a Certificate?
Yes, everyone who completes this course will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who’s my trainer?
Our qualified trainers are all highly skilled in their field of expertise. Trainer profiles are available to view on the ‘Meet the Team’ page.