Manual Handling Workshops
Certificate of Attendance
In accordance with the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) it is the duty of the employer to provide all employees with information and training in relation to the Safe Moving and Handling of inanimate objects in the workplace.
This training course is designed to give practical guidance in the Safe Handling of loads and will provide information on the Health and Safety legislation relating to manual handling tasks.
The Manual Handling Skills course is aimed at those who wish to further their knowledge in Health and Safety and also job seekers that are looking to add to their current skills.
The following topics are completed:
- Safe Handling of loads
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Risk Assessment Tools
On completion of this course learners will:
- Have an increased awareness of the risks associated with the handling of loads
- Understand the function of ergonomics in the workplace
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Assess the load and determine the correct lift procedure
- Understand the principles of safe handling
- Understand employee/employer responsibilities regarding Health and Safety compliance.