QQI Level 6: 6N1949 Personal & Professional Development
✓ Apply the key principles of personal and professional development in a work environment
✓ Build collaborative and effective relationships within the workplace
✓ Master critical thinking and problem-solving skills
✓ Devise & Implement a Strategy for personal or professional growth
✓ Explore the facets of change within an organisation
✓ Improve and enhance your team engagement skills
Modes of Delivery:
✓ Virtual Online
This personal & professional development programme has been developed in consultation with employers management to support the personal and professional development of employees. The programme will enable participants to enhance their personal and interpersonal skills and to progress within their organisation through upskilling and reflection. The programme offers participants to work towards a level 6 QQI certificate. QQI certificates are recognised Nationally and Internationally and act as a formal recognition of ongoing commitment to professional development. Workshops are delivered to the highest standards by our qualified experts who understand the complexities and challenges of the modern workplace. To this end, there is a strong emphasis on skill-building, emotional intelligence, and the creation of collaborative, resilient, and sustainable relationships. Headline topics included in this module are:
Workplace Communications: Communicating effectively is a skill that is useful at all levels in the workplace and being able to influence others is a key skill that can be learned. Influencing behaviour is a continuous process that is dependent on keen emotional intelligence, excellent intrapersonal, and people skills.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Mastering critical thinking and problem-solving skills unlocks the key to better decision making; these skills are viewed as essential competencies in the modern workplace. Critical thinking helps you to explore and improve thought processes by asking crucial questions, challenging embedded assumptions, and adopting a growth mindset.
Devising & Implementing Strategy: Course participants will explore key issues that individuals and organizations should consider before embarking on the development of a strategic plan. Participants will use exercises and proven business tools to identify strategic options, set goals, manage change, solve problems, and manage budgets.
Modern Teams: Good teamwork helps to build cooperation within teams, therefore, enhancing team performance, organisational goals, and overall team morale. Participants will broaden their understanding of how to utilise, engage, and effectively lead their teams to success. With support from industry experts and additional course materials, you will improve and enhance your team engagement skills to lead your team with confidence, purpose, and efficiency.
Managing Workplace Stress: The underpinning philosophy in this part of the course 0is to empower individuals to better manage their minds and their bodies to achieve peak personal and professional performance. The programme uses age-old eastern techniques from the wisdom traditions alongside western cutting-edge practices informed by recent developments in neuroscience. Participants will learn tools and techniques that help prevent illness, reduce stress, and achieve optimum functioning.
Reflective Practice: Reflective practice encourages professionals to improve their self-awareness, which is a key component of personal and professional development. Reflective practice also improves creative thinking skills, problem-solving, and positive engagement in personal and work relationships. Using specific reflective practice models participants will build a personal toolkit which they will use long after the training has been completed.
On completion of this course Participants will be able to:
- Define the meaning of personal and professional development and apply key principles in a work environment
- Identify the personal and professional skills needed for effective participation in a VUCA work environment.
- Complete a personal transferable skills inventory and identify opportunities for advancement.
- Examine Covey’s 7 circle of influence theory and link key areas of learning to one’s own professional practice. Identify the ‘big rocks’ of time management.
- Assess a range of problem-solving methodologies and apply these to a specific project or situation.
- Navigate a sophisticated framework for problem-solving and decision making and use this model to solve an impending problem or crisis. Develop a contingency plan based on the conclusion of the problem-solving process.
- Set personal or professional goals using a structured planning approach and a proven goal-setting model.
- Explore the facets of change within an organisation e.g. the catalyst, change personalities, prevailing influences, organisational culture, and communications.
- Define the difference between productive & unproductive conflict and demonstrate a mature and assertive conflict management response.
- Define the features of a balanced scorecard and link the four elements of the scorecard to their own professional experience and to a specific project – compliance, customer, finance, development.
- Identify strength and growth areas in relation to working with others in a team or collaborative situation. Practice giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Devise a personal stress management plan to ensure personal wellness and to promote the wellbeing of work colleagues and reports.
- Engage in reflective practice and appreciate the importance of self-reflection and consulting with others in the workplace to promote ongoing growth and personal/professional development.
Find Out More
How Long Does the Course take to Complete?
This particular course is delivered over a period of five days. Other delivery options are available by request.
How do I get a Quotation?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Jim at 086 8587505.
Do I get a Certificate?
You will receive a QQI certificate which is the equivalent of 15 credits on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
Who’s my trainer?
Our qualified trainers are all highly skilled in their field of expertise. Trainer profiles are available to view on the ‘Meet the Team’ page.