QQI Level 5: 5N2080 Restaurant Service ( days)
Customized training available for your sector.
Our Restaurant skills training programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies required to work efficiently in a busy hotel, restaurant or café. On completion participants will be able to apply their newly aquired skills within any food service environment. In taking this course, participants will develop professional insight into the restaurant and food service industry. They will gain hands on practical experience with industry experts. With support from our experienced staff, and our detailed course materials, participants will improve and enhance their restaurant service skills.
This course is an excellent choice for those who wish to enter into the restaurant industry or for those who wish to upskill within their current role. This course will suit those who are currently working in, or who are seeking to develop career opportunities in the hospitality services sector.
The following topics are studied:
- Restaurant structure and systems
- Restaurant service and communication skills
- Table service and sequence of serving
- Compliance legislation
- Wine service and food pairing
- Table setting, techniques and tray service
- Event planning
- Health and safety
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Identify the key components of effective restaurant service including premises management and desirable attributes of personnel.
- Demonstrate the specific skills required to ensure an excellent consumer restaurant experience including customer care, table service, menu analysis and event organization.
- Identify the key features of good service to clients.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques used in the restaurant environment, with attention to customer etiquette, complaints procedures, staff communications and selling techniques.
- Communicate effectively with clients and deliver first class service.
- Recognize the structures underpinning the Irish restaurant sector, including national hospitality entities and key representative bodies.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge and understanding of the sequence of service.
- Provide information on wines choices available and make recommendations based on food selection
- Gain a working knowledge of table settings and techniques required to serve food and beverage to clients within a restaurant and lounge environment.
- Recognize and deliver tray service.
- Effectively demonstrate table clearing techniques.
- Practice appropriate health and safety protocol to comply with contemporary legislation.
This course can be taken in conjunction with the Beverage Service (5N2019) and licensed trade law (5N0633) towards a Special Purpose Award (5S2103- combined) in Bar & Restaurant Services. Modules may be studied separately or together as one unit. By completing the three modules participants can work towards a Special Purpose Award in Bar and Restaurant Skills as listed above. The training modules are specifically designed to prepare participants for employment in the food and beverage sector.