Course Code: Retail Display 5N1861
Accreditation: QQI Level 5
This module has been developed to provide participants with an understanding of retail displays, merchandising and other aspects that are important to the sale of a product, service or range of products in a retail setting.
Our QQI Level 5 Retail Display Programme is ideal for those who are currently working within the retail sector or those who those who would like to enter into this sector. It is also useful to trainees or job seekers who wish to up-skill in order to prepare for future employment.
During this programmes participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the importance of presentation and merchandising skills
- Learn how to construct visual displays to ensure products are visible and displayed to consumers.
- Gain merchandising skills allowing for products to be displayed at various points of sale visible to the consumer.
- Obtain the skills necessary to plan and construct a retail display for any retail store.
- Gain knowledge of appropriate health and safety procedures in relation to the displays and merchandising in store.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the specific areas for a retail display
- Understand the benefits of merchandising
- Recognise the effect of background on a display
- Understand the effective use and impact of colour in merchandising and display
- Distinguish different types of displays.
- Use accessories, fittings and available material for displaying goods and merchandising.
- Compose thematic displays.
- Mount displays with a due regard for Health and Safety.