QQI Level 5: 5N1777 Retail Security (5 days)
Customized training available for your sector.
This programme is an excellent choice for learners who wish to develop a career within Retail Security industry enabling them to carry out the professional duties of a security officer.
Our Retail Security programme is also a good choice for those who are working or wish to work within the retail industry providing you with additional skills to bring to your role.
Retail Security is aimed at providing a knowledge of security procedures to staff and management working within the retail sector. This module of training will provide the learner with a working knowledge personal and store security procedures and loss prevention techniques.
It is also suitable for trainees or job seekers who wish to up-skill in order to prepare for future employment.
The following areas are completed in this programme:
- Duties of a Retail Security Officer.
- Security Procedures to reduce the risk of theft and damage.
- Administration and Record Keeping associated with Retail Security.
- Security of people, stock and premises.
On completion of this course Participants will:
- Clearly, understand the roles and responsibility associated with the Retail Security Officer
- Have the ability carry out the duties and procedures required as a Retail Officer
- Gain the skills to respond appropriately to various security incidents and emergencies
- Identify potential risks to in-house security.
- Recognise potential threatening behaviours and traits.
- Implement security procedures to reduce the risk of theft and damage.
- Summarise the legal implications of making an arrest or detaining a suspect.
- Explain what forms of record keeping are appropriate to retail security.
- Communicate accurate information of security incidents to appropriate persons.