Guarding Skills & Door Security (Combined Programme)
QQI Level 4: 4N1118 Guarding Skills & 4N1114 Door Security Procedures (6 days – combined)
Customized training available for your sector.
On successful completion of this Guarding skills & Door Security programme, participants can apply for their Static Licence and the Door Supervisor Licence through the Private Security Authority. Both modules on this programme are designed to provide the participants with the skills, knowledge and competencies to carry out practical security duties and work within the Security Industry.
These modules are aimed at those who wish to gain new skills and enter into the private security industry. This course may also be beneficial to those who wish to progress to further training in security or related fields.
The following modules of training are completed during this Guarding Skills & Door Security programme:
- Basic principles of the Security Industry in Ireland
- Private Security Services
- Regulatory Bodies in the industry
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Health and Safety Requirements that relate to the Door Security Person
- Cash Handling procedures
- Emergency handling procedures
- Relevant industry-related legislation
- Loss and Fraud Prevention
- Security tools and equipment
- Use of reasonable force
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Respond appropriately to security incidents and emergencies
On successful completion of this Guarding Skills & Door Security programmes, participants will have:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry.
- Understand the legislation, regulations and standards governing the provision of private security service to include reference to the Private Security Service.
- Explain the role of the private security services in relation to the role of other agencies which deal with crime prevention.
- Distinguish between legal codes and practices relating to the role of the Door Security Personnel.
- Understand the Health and Safety Legislation.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer.
- Explain appropriate conflict resolution techniques for dealing with a range of incidents.
- Use a variety of supporting security tools and equipment.
- An understanding of the basic principles and development of the security industry in Ireland to include criminal, civil, employment and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Developed their knowledge of the private security services and related legislation to include applying their learning to the role of the security officer.
Please check our schedule for course dates in your area.