Guarding Skills & Door Security Combined-Wexford
Leading to a QQI Level 4 Award in Guarding Skills & Door Security Procedures
Accreditation: QQI Level 4
Course Start Date: 23rd May 2016
Duration: 6 Days
Course Location: Wexford
Course Cost: €499
This is an accredited course allowing you to apply to the Private Security Authority for two licences upon successful completion. (Static Licence and Door Supervisor Licence). Providing you with an all-around knowledge of the security industry, this programme will equip you with the skills necessary to work within the security industry.
Throughout the programme, you will learn key skills necessary to be effective as security personnel focusing on areas such as:
- Duties of a Door Security Person of Security Personnel,
- Distinguish between legal codes and practices relating to the role such as criminal and civil law and the rights of the individual,
- Gain an understanding on loss prevention and detection,
- Explain appropriate conflict resolution techniques for dealing with a range of incidents,
- Respond appropriately to security incidents and emergencies,
- Legislation, regulations and standards governing the industry,
- Health and Safety requirements including dealing with dire and other items which impact on the duties and responsibilities of the security officer.
- Demonstrating appropriate procedures for dealing with a suspect,
- Use appropriate communications skills and a range of customer service techniques in a variety of situations in the workplace.
Upon completion of the Guarding Skills & Door Security programme, learners will have:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry in the context of mainstream or retail vocational setting.
- An understanding of the basic principles and development of the security industry in Ireland to include criminal, civil, employment and Health and Safety legislation to include applying their knowledge of the private security services and related legislation to include apply their learning to the role of the security officer.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer & Door Supervisor.
- The ability to communicate effectively within the workplace.
Check out our schedule of course dates here.