QQI Level 4: 4N1118 Door Security Procedures (4 days)
This award in Door Security Procedures will equip the participants with the knowledge, skill and competence to work as Door Security. On successful completion of this programme, the participants will be able to apply to the Private Security Authority for the Door Supervisor Licence.
This programme is aimed at those who wish to work as Door Security officers. This course may also be beneficial to those who wish to progress to further training in security or related fields.
On completion of the Door Security Procedures programme participants will be able to:
- Describe the landscape of the security industry in the context of Door Security.
- Understand the legislation, regulations and standards governing the provision of private security service to include reference to the Private Security Service.
- Explain the role of private security services in the context of other agencies which deal with crime prevention.
- Distinguish between legal codes and practices relating to the role of Door Security Personnel.
- Understand the Health and Safety legislation as it applies to the Door Security role.
- Apply new skills in a variety of familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- Develop an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer.
- Apply appropriate conflict resolution techniques for dealing with a range of incidents.
- Use a variety of supporting security tools and equipment.