Door Security Procedures
Leading to QQI Level 4 Award in Door Security Procedures
This award in Door Security Procedures will equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work as Door Security. Upon successful completion of this programme, the learner will be able to apply to the Private Security Authority for the Door Supervisor Licence.
This programme is aimed at those who wish to work within Door Security. This course may also be beneficial to those who wish to progress to further training in security or related fields.
The following units of training are covered on the Door Security Procedures programme:
- Private Security Services
- Health and Safety Requirements that relate to the Door Security Person
- Relevant Industry Legislation
- Use of Reasonable Force
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Respond appropriately to security incidents and emergencies
- Security tools and equipment.
Upon completion of the Door Security Procedures programme learners will have:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry in the context of Door Security.
- Understand the legislation, regulations and standards governing the provision of private security service to include reference to the Private Security Service.
- Explain the role of the private security services in relation to the role of other agencies which deal with crime prevention.
- Distinguish between legal codes and practices relating to the role of Door Security Personnel.
- Understand the Health and Safety legislation as it applies to the Door Security role.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer.
- Explain appropriate conflict resolution techniques for dealing with a range of incidents.
- User a variety of supporting security tools and equipment.