Course Code: 4N1118
Accreditation: QQI Level 4 10 Credits
The Guarding Skills programme is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competency to carry out practical security duties and work in the mainstream and retail security sector.
Who is this course for?
This security course is aimed at learners who wish to gain new skills and enter in to the private security industry. This course may also be beneficial to those who wish to progress to further training in security or related fields.
What will I gain from this course?
The following units are covered on the Guarding Skills programme:
- Basic principles of the Security Industry in Ireland
- Private Security Services
- Regulatory Bodies in the industry
- Cash handling procedures
- Emergency handling procedures
- Relevant industry related legislation
- Loss and fraud prevention
- Security tools and equipment
- Use of reasonable force
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Upon completion of the Guarding Skills programme, learners will have:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry in the context of mainstream or retail vocational setting.
- An understanding of the basic principles and development of the security industry in Ireland to include criminal, civil, employment and Health and Safety legislation
- Developed their knowledge of the private security services and related legislation to include applying their learning to the role of security officer.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer.
- The ability to communicate effectively within the workplace.