QQI Level 4: 4N1118 Guarding Skills (4 days)
The Guarding Skills programme is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competency to carry out practical security duties and work in the mainstream and retail security sector.
This security course is aimed at learners who wish to gain new skills and enter into the private security industry. This course may also be beneficial to those who wish to progress to further training in security, or related fields. Upon completion of the Guarding Skills programme, successful learners will be able to apply to the Private Security Authority to obtain their Static Licence.
On completion of the Guarding Skills programme participants will have:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry in the context of mainstream or retail vocational setting.
- An understanding of the basic principles and development of the security industry in Ireland to include criminal, civil, employment and Health and Safety legislation
- Developed their knowledge of the private security services and related legislation to include applying their learning to the role of the security officer.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of security situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer.
- The ability to communicate effectively within the workplace.
- Report writing skills