QQI Level 5: 5N1851 Accommodation Techniques (5 days)
This module will prepare learners for a career in accommodation services by engaging them in a set period of work placement which will offer first-hand insight into the demands of the industry. There will a period of onsite training during this module.
Combined with the QQI Level 5 programme Tourism Principles and Practice this course will provide the learner with excellent skills to enter into employment in the Tourism Sector.
On completion of the Accommodation Operations QQI Level 5 programme, learners will:
- Develop a basic knowledge of the Irish Tourism and Hospitality industry to include grading systems, accommodation service terminology, role definitions, key legislation, and customer expectations.
- Gain insight into the relevant hygiene, health and safety issues that guide the day to day operations in the hotel and hospitality sector.
- Have an understanding of security, safe lifting, fire safety, and PPE.
- Apply essential communication techniques and skills including customer care, sales, and service.
- Understand the importance of teamwork within this sector.
- Fully acknowledge the importance of personal and hotel hygiene.
- Understand the importance of ambiance and décor within the hotel.
- Gain an understanding of the techniques of a wide variety of general day to day duties including record/reporting systems (computerized & manual) to also include: stocking, reporting, recording, checking, sorting, storing and providing room service.