QQI Tourism Principles & Practice 5N2078 – 5 Days
This programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies to develop an understanding of tourism in a National and International Context. Learners will understand the importance of tourism to the economy and how the employees can contribute to growth within this sector.
This programme is aimed at those who wish to enter into the tourism industry applying specific knowledge of the principles of good practice. This module is also suited to job seekers wishing to up-skill in order to re-enter the workforce or change careers.
The following topics are completed on this programme:
- Tourism Sectors
- Tourist attractions locally and nationally
- Role of the travel agent
- Visitors profile
- Components of Irish Transport
On completion of this course Participants will:
- Examine tourism on a local, regional, national and international level.
- Be able to interact knowledgeably with clients in their chosen field.
- Identify different types of tourism.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the tourist market in Ireland to include incoming and outgoing activity, in addition to business, leisure, agri-tourism and eco-tourism.
- Identify a range of markets which may hold appeal for incoming tourists to this country.