Training Needs Identification and Design 6N3325
QQI Level 6: 6N3325 Training Needs Identification & Design (2 days)
Subject to the previous completion of 6N3326 Training Delivery & Evaluation.
Customized training available for your sector.
What will I gain from this module?
On the Training Needs Identification and Design Level 6 programme, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to develop and design a comprehensive training programme for an individual, group or organisation. Learning to identify training needs is fundamental to developing appropriate training interventions. Participants will examine the Training Needs Analysis(TNA) process and conduct a TNA for a chosen project, group or organisation. Participants will learn to draft and design their own training course including individual training sessions based on an analysis of trainees and organisational needs.
How is this programme taught?
This blended learning module is primarily classroom-based using a range of tools and techniques to help you explore and enhance your training practice. Our interactive training methods include e.g. case studies, group work and interactive media and experiential exercises. Participants will also be given access to our online training resources via shared drive. Learners will be able to communicate with their tutor outside of course time using a dedicated communication network.
Who is this module for?
This course is suitable for supervisors, managers or team leaders, aspiring trainers and established trainers who wish to refresh their training qualification.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Training needs analysis – approaches and techniques
- Environmental factors that influence training delivery
- The role of the trainer
- Instructional system design models (ISD)
- The systematic development of training plans, training content and materials.
- Explore the context of training in relation to the organisation and employees
On completion of this course, learners will:
- Outline the benefits of training needs analysis at an organisation and/or individual
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis.
- Outline the stages of, and conduct a targeted training needs analysis.
- Devise a training plan based on a systematic training needs to include user suitability, content, resources and cost-benefit analysis
- Examine the impact of an organisation’s strategy, policy, vision and mission on the development of suitable training.
- Apply a range of performance management approaches in the context of training and development needs
- Carry out a Gap analysis of knowledge, skills and attitudes as part of the overall TNA
- Design a specific training intervention, incorporating a range of design factors grounded in adult learning theory and technical know how
When you have completed Training Needs Identification & Design you will be halfway towards gaining your Train the Trainer Special Purpose Award in training and development.
To complete the full award you will need to complete the Training Delivery & Evaluation module.