Virtual Effectiveness (Leadership)
✓ Communicate effectively and empathetically with remote team members
✓ Manage teams who are dispersed due to COVID 19
✓ influence others to take action
✓ Explore the challenges of home working for remote staff
✓ Identify joint solutions to difficult issues arising
✓ Sharpen and refine key communication and coaching skills
Modes of Delivery:
✓ Virtual Online
Virtual Effectiveness Workshop Outline
The term VUCA is used to reference the challenges facing current and emerging work environments across the world. The acronym VUCA is used to describe volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. In an unstable VUCA environment, we are forced to change the way we do things. Managing teams who are dispersed due to COVID 19 is a new challenge for organisations across all sectors.
The overall aim of this workshop is to empower coaches, managers and team leads to make considered decisions and to communicate key messages that are clear, influential, and timely. They will learn how to adapt and respond quickly using the best coaching and communication tools. In refining their communication style participants will increase the impact and effectiveness of their coaching communications to meet the high expectations of the VUCA environment.
According to Daniel Goleman “The rules for work are changing. We’re being judged by a new yardstick: not just by how smart we are, or by our training and expertise, but also by how well we handle ourselves and each other.”(http://www.danielgoleman.info/) Communicating in a VUCA world requires us to focus on personal qualities, such as initiative and empathy, adaptability, and persuasiveness. These personal qualities allow us to build long-lasting, meaningful, and sustainable business relationships.
The ability to motivate and influence others to take action is a fundamental component of effective coaching and leadership. To influence effectively, the communicator must be adept at getting his/her opinions and ideas heard, recognised and considered by others. Influencing behaviour is a continuous process that is dependent on keen emotional intelligence, excellent communication, and people skills. This training programme provides the opportunity to sharpen and refine key communication and coaching skills that will benefit both participants and their direct reports.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Use the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) model to frame the challenges of remote working.
- Use proven communication skills/tools/insights to ensure that Key processes and procedures are used and maintained in an accurate timely manner and compliant with company procedures
- Develop their confidence to communicate effectively and empathetically with their team members and colleagues.
- Use the conversational Intelligence dashboard to maximise business conversations.
- Hold reports fully accountable for the delivery of KPIs
- Explore the challenges of home working for remote staff e.g. shared spaces/internet issues /families abroad.
- Use active listening & calibrated questions to nourish and maintain good working relationships.
- Facilitate discussions using the GROW model to identify joint solutions to difficult issues arising
Training Methods – Virtual, Face to Face & Blended Learning
Training will be delivered using a variety of interactive, experiential training methods including group work, brainstorming, small/large group discussion, role play, quizzes, videos, round table review etc.
Customised Workshops Also Available
Find Out More
How Long Does this Workshop take to Complete?
This particular course is delivered over a period of 3 hours. Other delivery options are available by request.
How do I get a Quotation?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Jim at 086 8587505.
Do I get a Certificate?
Yes, you can request a digital certificate.
Who’s my trainer?
Our qualified trainers are all highly skilled in their field of expertise. Trainer profiles are available to view on the ‘Meet the Team’ page.