Recruitment and Interviewer Skills
One Day Workshop: NLTS001
Accreditation: Certificate of Attendance
Customized training available for your sector.
Participants who undertake this course will gain experience in how to conduct a successful interview campaign. Selecting the right candidate for a role is critical for the success of your business.
The programme is designed to guide you through the stages of the interviewing and selection process providing you with the range of skills necessary to select the best people for your business or project.
You will feel more confident in eliciting information from the interviewee through skilful questions questioning, probing and listening techniques.
Participants who undertake this course will learn how to score and evaluate potential candidates and make more informed and confident recruitment decisions.
This course is designed for anyone who is involved in the interviewing process.
During this course you will learn how to:
- Develop a job description/person specification
- Advertise your post
- Plan your selection process – set parameters
- Open and close the interview
- Utilize interview techniques
- Check employee references / other necessary requirements.
On completion of this course Participants will be able to:
- Be able to develop your own individual Interview Toolkit, with potential interview questions, job specifications, shortlisting criteria etc.
- Develop a full job description / person specification.
- Research the methods and resources best suited to advertise your position.
- Critically review CVs and cover letters for shortlisting purposes.
- Design an interview plan to suit the position on offer.
- Complete a mock interview from a recruiters perspective.
- Apply a competency-based approach to recruitment interviewing.
- Objectively measure and record the candidate’s performance at interview.
- Recognise legal obligations.
- Develop a procedure for gathering reference and any other necessary information.
As well as offering in-house training for this programme, this course will also be held in Waterford and Cork.
To register or for more information call our training advisor in Waterford on 051 385720 or Cork on 021 2029199.